Step Up to Writing Workshop
Step Up to Writing is an organizational program that teaches explicit writing strategies within the writing process (pre-writing, drafting, revising, editing, final copy, proofreading, and sharing) to help students organize their thinking and their writing. It is used primarily for informational, expository writing.
- Grades 3-5
Facilitated by: Kerry Jimenez M.Ed, BA, CRS | Educational Therapist & Behaviorist | Kerry@wholechildneuro.com
- 5-Week session this summer!
- Dates: July 6-August 3
- Meeting time: Thursdays, 4-5 pm
- Whole Child Neuro, 16255 Ventura Blvd., Suite 1210, Encino CA 91436
- $650 for the 5-week session ($130 per class) plus a $30 registration fee
We use colors of a traffic signal to help you write a paragraph.
- Green means: Go….Write a topic sentence
- Yellow means: Slow down… give a reason, detail, or fact. Also, use a transition.
- Red means: Stop ……Explain. Give an example
- Green means: Go back!!! Remind the reader of your topic and write a conclusion sentence.
After our 5-week workshop students will walk away with the ability and knowledge to write and construct a 1-3 paragraph essay.