For boys age 8 to 10.
Sign up for our social skills group today! This group experience is an ideal forum for psychoeducational learning. We are social beings, and a group situation allows for opportunities to improve our interactive skills, learn from others, and develop confidence and self-esteem in a social context.
Our curriculum will help every child master important therapeutic concepts that will help them in their everyday lives and empower them in social situations. The psycho-educational group setting does not tell kids what to do; rather, it educates them by giving them valuable insights and skills they have never learned.
The five tools we will use in each group session are:
- Mini-lessons: Short teaching sessions in small groups to offer new skills.
- Group activities: Interactive activities that promote learning experientially.
- Handouts: Written material that teaches life-skill concepts; it will be sent home to share with parents or guardians.
- Worksheets: Skill-building material to reinforce concepts learned in the group.
- Visualizations: Activities where the children mentally rehearse and create imagery to lower emotional distress; they will visualize being successful and reaching positive goals.
- Cost: Four-week session for $100 per session plus a $45 registration fee.
- Group size is 10 or fewer.
- Sessions are every Saturday beginning November 23 through December 21.
- Meetings are 9-10:30 AM.
- Break for Thanksgiving.
Facilitated by: Kerry Jimenez (Behaviorist)