Social Skills Group for Boys
FOR BOYS AGE 8 TO 11.
Sign up for our social skills group today! This group experience is an ideal forum for psychoeducational learning. We are social beings, and a group situation allows for opportunities to improve our interactive skills, learn from others, and develop confidence and self-esteem in a social context.
Our curriculum will help every child master important therapeutic concepts that will help them in their everyday lives and empower them in social situations. The psycho-educational group setting does not tell kids what to do; rather, it educates them by giving them valuable insights and skills they have never learned.
THE FIVE TOOLS WE WILL USE IN EACH GROUP SESSION ARE:
1. Mini-lessons: Short teaching sessions in small groups to offer new skills.
2. Group activities: Interactive activities that promote learning experientially.
3. Handouts: Written material that teaches life-skill concepts; it will be sent home to share with parents or guardians.
4. Worksheets: Skill-building material to reinforce concepts learned in the group.
5. Visualizations: Activities where the children mentally rehearse and create imagery to lower emotional distress; they will visualize being successful and reaching positive goals.
GROUP INFORMATION FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL GROUP
- New group is currently forming. Contact us if you are interested.
- Group size is 10 or fewer.
- Sessions are held weekly.
- 6 week session.
- Snacks are provided.
Sign up for our newsletter!